Epson Perfection V550 vs V600: Best Scanner For You
The Epson Perfection v550 and the Epson Perfection v600 are both superb scanners. They happen to have some differences, but this doesn’t make one better than the other. Just different in terms of what they can do for you. This blog post will compare these two models side-by-side so that you know which is best for your needs.
Epson Perfection V550 vs V600 Scanner Table
Comparison of Epson Perfection V550 VS V600 Scanner
* The Scanner: The scanner on the 550 has a scanning area of about 19×13 inches while the 600 boasts an 18×15 inch scanning surface. The larger surface area allows more content (pictures or documents) to be scanned at once, saving time and effort by not having to scan multiple items individually.
* Cost: Both Epson Perfection v550 vs v600 have the same cost range. These two models have comparatively the same features.
* Scanning Method: The 600 scans using an optical sensor that captures color images directly from paper or objects that were scanned by automatic feeders while the 550 uses CCD technology (Charged Coupled Device). This means any documents must be fed manually into its scanning area unlike with the 600 where items can automatically be scanned thanks to its automatic feeder system. For pictures this isn’t as big a deal since you’ll probably want them in digital form anyway. But for other things like receipts or papers of only one side-scanning may make a difference.
* Networking: The 600 can connect to the internet wirelessly, but for now only via a USB cable whereas the 550 uses Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection without any cables necessary. This means some people will like that they don’t have to use a cord (less worry about tripping on it or getting tangled) while others may prefer having an option of wired networking as well since it’s cheaper if you’re using your own modem/router than paying monthly fees just for wireless access. It all depends on what your needs are.
* Memory Capacity: Both models come with two memory card slots – one Compact Flash and one SDHC slot each – which is convenient because both formats seem fairly universal these days so should work with most DSLR cameras.
Differences Between Epson V550 Vs 600 Photo Scanner
*Ink Tank Capability: There are differences in capacity with V600 having a greater ink tank capability than the V550 when printing at a maximum resolution of 4800x4800dpi.
*Paper Handling: Another difference between the two in terms of paper handling when it comes to loading. The V550 has an optional 250 sheet paper tray whereas this is standard on the Brother V600 and there is a wider range of media types available for use with both printers.
*Speed: A major difference between Epson perfection 550 Vs 600 is that the V600 has two scanning speeds: 50 ppm (black-and-white) and 25 ppm (color). The initial versions of paper feeders for the V550 are capable only of 20 ipm (color) which is an important reason why some purchasers chose the faster model.
Epson V550 Scanner Review
The Epson Perfection V550 is a top of the line Photo Scanner from Epson. Also, it features auto-duplexing for both color and B/W scanning. What this means to you is that the scanner can scan both sides of a page automatically. Thus saving you time in the scanning process. It also supports transparency scanning, borderless printing (4×6, 8×10). It has an impressive optical resolution of 4800 x 9600 dpi. The maximum input size is 8.5″x11″ in so most documents will fit right in there with no problems at all. Also if you have multiple OCR software packages installed on your computer system then you can likely find one which will automatically detect the Epson 900 Photo. (I use ABBYY FineReader Pro 9)
The primary purpose of this scanner is to scan photos. But since I had it already set up and working there’s no reason not to use it for my music collection as well. And indeed that was a very good idea because I found out about a neat feature that will allow you to start/stop scanning simply by pressing the spacebar on your keyboard. (great for archiving CDs or LP records).
Pros and Cons of Epson Perfection V550 Photo Color Scanner
Conclusion Epson Perfection V550 Photo Color Scanner
Epson V550 Photo color scanner is a recommended model for home and small office use. It’s fast enough to keep you working at a steady pace. It has a good range of software bundled in its own package as well as sold separately. The image quality produced by this model was really very impressive and printing on photo paper makes it even more real looking. If it suits your needs then you can definitely check it out.
Epson Perfection V600 Review
Designed to help photographers successfully digitize their film with maximum quality and minimum effort. The Epson V600 is an automatic 35mm film scanner that offers a fast scanning speed of 1.2 frames per second. It also features a large capacity feeder capable of accommodating up to 10 slides or 120/220 photos at one time, for efficient batch scanning. A new Film Gate Guide has been added to ensure smooth feed of film strips in order to minimize distortion while achieving accurate edge-to-edge scans.
Epson Perfection V600 can automatically scan directly onto a computer via USB 2.0 without needing any special drivers or software other than what comes included on the installation CD (either Mac OS X v10.4.11 or Mac OS X v10.5.2, depending on the system).
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo Color Scanner also includes an SD card slot for direct photographing onto digital media from compatible camera models. This V600 Epson Scan software can be used to directly import photographs saved on an SD/SDHC memory card. This well as create image files (JPEG and TIFF) by dragging and dropping images into the main editing window.
Additionally, users can choose to scan film strips directly onto a computer via USB 2.0 without using the included stand-alone flatbed scanner. This function is useful when there is limited desk space. They may simply place their film strip with negative carrier face up onto the top of their keyboard at a 30° angle and use the keyboard surface as a work area. The scanner is capable of reading all common 35 mm film formats, including 126 and 110 sizes.
Pros and Cons of Epson Perfection V600 Photo Color Scanner
Conclusion Epson Perfection V600 Photo Color Scanner
One of the best scanners you can ever own. Epson V600 has been reviewed by many journals and most of them have given it a great review. It’s got 230X19200 DPI, excellent speed, high resolution scanning, and so on. The price is also very competitive which is under budget on Amazon at the time of this writing. It offers different features and scanning options which makes it worth your money.
It will suit both small office or home use because of its excellent features and performance. you definitely need to check it out.
Final Conclusion for Epson Perfection v600 vs v550 Review
Both the Epson V550 and V600 have a lot in common. They’re both all-in-one printers with built-in scanners. They both do pretty much every basic printing task you might need to complete. That is from 4×6 snapshot photos to 8×10 photo prints. And both have wireless networking built-in as well as USB connections for direct hookups.
However, if we observe deeply then we can see a clear difference between Epson Perfection V550 and v600. I have listed some of the features above. If you are on a budget or you don’t it anything fancy and more technical, then go for Epson V550. But if you want to have a complete performance as well as scanning filmstrip and many more then definitely go for Epson V600 Scanner. These are our final verdicts for Epson V600 Vs V550 Scanner.
We hope that this Epson V550 Vs V600 Review and Comparision have might help you out in some way. If you like this article then share it with your friends, families. If you have any doubts feel free to ask us below.
Best tankless water heater check here